Sunday, February 11, 2007

Blogging Hiatuses


I hadn't blogged in a while. My father passed away. There will always be times where life takes you away from routines and gives you pause. I am back to work and into the swing of details of life, but I have been feeling like some penance must be paid to...well, I'm not sure to whom. You?

What do you do when you have a blog and can't post to it for a while? Is there a custom? It seems like others post a note if they are aware that they are not going to be around for a while. New babies, new homes, health scares, death, computer death, overwork, the list goes on as it does in life when you go missing. Most of these bloggers then apologize when they return. Here is one:

First of all, thanks so much to my loyal blog-friends, for having swamped my inbox with your e-mails inquiring about my well-being! So, here are my apologies for the sporadic blogging and sharing of experiences, as well as for my lack of commentaries in your blogs as of late. It doesn't means that I have detached myself from the blogosphere, how could I?! It's just that lately it seems like as if my inspiration well in fantasy-land has somehow dropped below normal levels, leading me to this temporary drought of creativity. Hence I find myself struggling to find both, some free time and the appropriate wordings to pour here, about all of these overwhelming changes in my activities and emotions I am experiencing nowadays. Thus forgive me for the absence or even worse, for having left my blog become dull lately. Just know I am alive and well, and trying hard to stay afloat as I go through the formidable shift from living in a illusive world onto the real.

So as we move toward a more technology driven society and Web 2.whatever deploys, it's nice to know that this experience seems to be more human than we may have anticipated. Maybe we aren't heading towards the dystopic visions of Metropolis and Logan's Run.

I apologize.

4 comments:

Steve Portigal said...

And who does the apology or hiatus announcement serve? The audience or the blogger? It presumes there is an audience, and they are tuned in enough to notice when we are absent. Or it may call attention to something we hadn't otherwise noted. Oh, yeah, you're RIGHT, it was quiet for a while.

Michael Grossman said...

How nice it is, to come home after a long, cold day and see...1 comment. A tree fell in the woods.

Steve Portigal said...

Even if the comment sez "no one cares about you and your stupid blog, blogboy!" ?

Michael Grossman said...

Sometimes.