Saturday, March 24, 2007

Microsoft Photosynth Preview: The Future Interface for Browsing?

I took Microsoft's Photosynth for a test drive. It is looking to take social photo taking beyond the 2D realm by reconstructing images from different users in a 3D space. I was pretty amazed at how well it worked (On a Windows XP machine running in IE7). I'm not sure if this is interface of the future however. This will probably need some other input device like multi-touch if it is to become more of a standard way of navigating for the future. Here is a link if you want to try it for yourself: Microsoft Live Labs: Photosynth.

For those of you who can't get it to run, I recorded a 20-second video of me clicking and moving around that came out pretty good:

Here's a direct link to the video on YouTube.

No comments: