Friday, March 23, 2007

Part I of Seinfeldesque Questions: What is the Deal with David Pogue?

***UPDATE: View my response to the NY Times video blog David did about me. Here is some more commentary on it on Core77:

I was interested to see how Apple TV was in reality vs. the hype, so I watched this video from David Pogue of NY Times fame:


Why is he creating and publishing in this America's-Funniest-Home-Video style of humor? Is this his attempt at becoming famous by throwing in funny while sharing technology insight? It's borderline disturbing once you get beyond the piles of corniness. Remember when you were young and you'd watch your parents laughing at older movies and you just didn't get it?

Even more disturbing is his take on digitizing home movies:


I need to have that memory of him in a crib wiped immediately. Such a cliche "geek" take on things.

Here are direct links to the Pogue on Apple TV video and to Pogue on Taking Old Memories Digital if they are blocked on this page.

***UPDATE: View my response to the NY Times video blog David did about me. Here is some more commentary on it on Core77:

2 comments:

neo_relina said...

Have you seen this? haha.
Pogue responds.

Anonymous said...

He got you Mike. He got you real good. Go and watch this week's video. It's probably one of the funniest he's every done and the whole thing satirizes people like you who have nothing better to do than criticize a guy just trying to bring technology closer to the average American. Chill out!