Saturday, May 5, 2007

Peterbilt Launches a “Models of Innovation” Demonstration Program


I don’t know anything about big huge trucks except what I remember as a kid from the CB craze in the 70s, a memory recently rekindled by Steve Portigal on his blog.

Regardless of my lack of domain expertise here, I thought Peterbilt’s “Models of Innovation” demo program was interesting. I may feel differently if I was a trucker, but as an outsider it seems kind of cool. Peterbilt designed trucks with lots of innovative features such as:

  • Better fuel efficiency
  • Enhanced driver comfort
  • Improved aerodynamics
  • Better forward lighting
  • Enhanced maneuverability

They were designed to “exceed customer expectations” says Peterbilt General Manager, Bill Jackson. What better way to promote these but to get the customers behind the wheel. The program gets customers into these new 2008 models for evaluation.

They must feel very confident about these new designs to have such a program. Do you feel as confident about your next product release? Customer feedback must have been part of their product lifecycle, unless they are gamblers and won’t mind not having O.J. Simpson try on the glove before asking him in front of the jury. I’d love to pick someone’s brain at Peterbilt. Anyone have Bill Jackson’s phone number handy?

No comments: