Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This is Why I Still Buy CD's and Comic Books

We've heard these heartbreaking stories about how our digital possessions are so easily wiped away. The latest example is from Linn, an Amazon Kindle owner. Amazon decided to delete her account, thus wiping all her books off her Kindle. I dread this happening. This is why I still like to actually possess what I buy when I can. There is something strange to me about buying a comic for my iPad app and not being able to store it with other old comics when I'm done. I've lost my Windows machine countless times as well, so I like having the ability to put a CD back into the computer when the OS goes. Apple has serious issues with being able to restore your ringtones, playlists and podcasts easily if at all. 

You can read the gory details here:

No comments: